• About Us

    est. 1947

  • Adelphi Group of Companies

    A personal approach, on a global scale

    The Adelphi Group of Companies is an ISO 9001:2015 certified, award-winning UK manufacturer and supplier of packing machinery and equipment, delivering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative products to our global customer base. The Group has grown organically and also through strategic acquisitions, and today incorporates four independent but complementary divisions (below).

    The Group is family owned and managed, and this will continue on to the next generation. This continuity of ownership ensures stability, which is highly valued by our suppliers, staff and customers; many of our relationships date back over decades, and are built on mutual respect and trust. These values are upheld by everyone at the Adelphi Group of Companies, wherever they are in the world.

    Today, the four Adelphi Group divisions are based at our UK headquarters; an innovative, purpose-built facility incorporating award-winning sustainability initiatives. Use the buttons below to find out more…

    Awards  Facilities  Sustainability

    Our Companies

    Standalone semi-automatic machines to fully automated turnkey production lines; liquid filling and capping, up to 1,000L.

    Find out more

    Filling, closing/sealing and inspection equipment for bottles, vials, ampoules, tubes and more. From semi to fully automated; containers from 3ml volume upwards.

    Find out more

    High quality, hygienic stainless steel process equipment, from buckets, beakers, utensils, to custom design mixing vessels.

    Find out more

    Premium primary packaging equipment for the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries

    Find out more

    Our unique heritage and timeless values continue to shape the way we do business today; browse the timeline below to see how the Adelphi Group of Companies developed…

    Our Timeline

    1947

    Adelphi Manufacturing is founded at the Strand, London

    Adelphi Manufacturing Company Limited was founded on 10th May 1947 and took its name from the Adelphi building off The Strand, where it had offices.

    Read more >

    1950

    Adelphi Manufacturing move to Islington

    After steady growth, Adelphi moved to Angel, Islington in 1950, where it occupied two numbers and five floors of a Georgian terrace.

    Read more >

    1970

    Adelphi Healthcare Packaging is established, Adelphi Manufacturing expands further

    Adelphi Healthcare Packaging was formed in 1970 to stock and market ampoules, vials and collapsible aluminium tubes.

    Read more >

    1973

    Fluid Equipment Company are purchased

    In 1973, Fluid Equipment Company, with a small factory in Bellevue Mews, Friern Barnet, was purchased.

    Read more >

    1976

    Began representing ROTA

    ROTA are a company with long standing experience in the pharmaceutical industry as a leading manufacturer of primary packaging solutions including filling, washing and deprogenation machines for vials and ampoules.

    Read more >

    1984

    Adelphi Group of Companies moves to Haywards Heath

    The move to Haywards Heath brought the Duncan Terrace and Bellevue Mews sites to one building now known as Finch’s Yard.

    Read more >

    1994

    Coldstream Engineering Ltd join the Adelphi Group of Companies

    Coldstream Engineering Ltd joined the Adelphi Group in 1994, with its own factory in Poole, Dorset, producing a stock range of 304 and 316L stainless vessels and holloware and customised mixing vessels. The Fluid Equipment business was incorporated with this.

    Read more >

    1995

    Began representing TGM

    Adelphi has been the sole representative of TGM in the UK since 1995. TGM’s range of tube filling and cartoning machinery is a perfect fit with Adelphi’s own in-house range of packaging machinery.

    Read more >

    2000

    Move from Finch’s Yard to our current site

    Finch’s Yard was Jesse Finch’s builder’s yard and sheds. Jesse Finch was one of the first businesses in Haywards Heath, which started when the railway came in the 1850s.

    Read more >

    2007

    Masterfil Ltd join the Adelphi Group of Companies

    Masterfil Ltd and with the rights to all Masterfil and Mastercap designs, was acquired by the Adelphi Group of Companies in 2007, and reincorporated as Adelphi Masterfil Ltd.

    Read more >

    2008

    £1.2M office and Machine Hall facility development

    This new building was piled over the old foundations of former gas production facilities after the site had been decontaminated by the removal of 700 lorry loads of soil.

    Read more >

    2011

    New Adelphi Healthcare Packaging warehouse build - The Sheldonian

    Extensive foundations were laid during the build of this new warehouse (including piling that went down 8 metres), due to the variability of the ground.

    Read more >

    2017

    New production facility - The Friary

    On 1st October 2017, Adelphi officially opened The Friary, the last major building project planned for the one-hectare site (land which is wholly owned by the Group).

    Read more >

    2018

    Coldstream Engineering change name to Pharma Hygiene Products Ltd & Adelphi Awarded ISO 9001:2015 certification

    On 1st August 2018, Coldstream Engineering purchased Pharma Hygiene Products and changed their name to Pharma Hygiene Products Ltd, to better reflect the products they sell.

    Read more >

    1947

    Adelphi Manufacturing is founded at the Strand, London

    Adelphi Manufacturing Company Limited was founded on 10th May 1947 and took its name from the Adelphi building off The Strand, where it had offices. Adelphi is the Greek word for ‘brothers’. The Adam brothers, two of whom were famous architects and the third the entrepreneur designed and built the Adelphi building in the Strand. Originally the company was an importer of straw goods from the West Indies.

    1950

    Adelphi Manufacturing move to Islington

    After steady growth, Adelphi moved to Angel, Islington in 1950, where it occupied two numbers and five floors of a Georgian terrace.

    1970

    Adelphi Healthcare Packaging is established, Adelphi Manufacturing expands further

    Adelphi Healthcare Packaging was formed in 1970 to stock and market ampoules, vials and collapsible aluminium tubes.

    Adelphi Manufacturing was seeing a change in the range of products manufactured and sold from straw goods to small scale pharmaceutical laboratory equipment, which culminated in major expansion in the early 1970s.

    1973

    Fluid Equipment Company are purchased

    In 1973, Fluid Equipment Company, with a small factory in Bellevue Mews, Friern Barnet, was purchased. They manufactured mixers and stirrers for industry. Other additions to the Adelphi Group around this time include: T.R.F. Autoclaves, Stockline Boxes, part of Sheppard Engineers Limited and Centrac and Centrair Filling Machines.

    1976

    Began representing ROTA

    ROTA are a company with long standing experience in the pharmaceutical industry as a leading manufacturer of primary packaging solutions including filling, washing and deprogenation machines for vials and ampoules. ROTA’s range of high quality ampoule and vial processing equipment is a perfect fit with Adelphi’s own product set.

    1984

    Adelphi Group of Companies moves to Haywards Heath

    The move to Haywards Heath brought the Duncan Terrace and Bellevue Mews sites to one building now known as Finch’s Yard. By 1999 the Group had expanded and needed a larger site. Adjoining Finch’s Yard was the Haywards Heath 2 acre gas plant! One of the buildings, the ‘Blacksmiths’ was the blacksmith’s building for the Haywards Heath town gas company.

    1994

    Coldstream Engineering Ltd join the Adelphi Group of Companies

    Coldstream Engineering Ltd joined the Adelphi Group in 1994, with its own factory in Poole, Dorset, producing a stock range of 304 and 316L stainless vessels and holloware and customised mixing vessels. The Fluid Equipment business was incorporated with this.

    1995

    Began representing TGM

    Adelphi has been the sole representative of TGM in the UK since 1995. TGM’s range of tube filling and cartoning machinery is a perfect fit with Adelphi’s own in-house range of packaging machinery.

    2000

    Move from Finch’s Yard to our current site

    Finch’s Yard was Jesse Finch’s builder’s yard and sheds. Jesse Finch was one of the first businesses in Haywards Heath, which started when the railway came in the 1850s. He was a builder and builder’s merchant, and also an undertaker and coffin maker – in the shed wall nearest our brick building, you can still see an oblong wooded slot through which they discretely slid the coffins onto horse drawn carriages.

    Jesse later built new sheds as his business expanded to where the Haywards Heath Waitrose site is now. Jesse probably built all the houses in Mill Green Road (where Adelphi is situated) and the surrounding roads. In 2000, Adelphi moved from Finch’s Yard just over the fence to the site known as Olympus House, where we are situated today.

    2007

    Masterfil Ltd join the Adelphi Group of Companies

    Masterfil Ltd and with the rights to all Masterfil and Mastercap designs, was acquired by the Adelphi Group of Companies in 2007, and reincorporated as Adelphi Masterfil Ltd.

    2008

    £1.2M office and Machine Hall facility development

    This new building was piled over the old foundations of former gas production facilities after the site had been decontaminated by the removal of 700 lorry loads of soil. The new building replaced the large single storey L shaped prefabricated unit used by British Gas. The building incorporates a rain water harvesting system.

    2011

    New Adelphi Healthcare Packaging warehouse build - The Sheldonian

    Extensive foundations were laid during the build of this new warehouse (including piling that went down 8 metres), due to the variability of the ground. The ground on our site has a lot of clay and alluvial material which isn’t stable, hence the deep piling and ‘raft’ style construction for the new warehouse. Within the floor of the warehouse, extra reinforcing was also laid to cater for the mobile racks. 256 PV panels were fitted to the roof which produce more electricity than we use.

    2017

    New production facility - The Friary

    On 1st October 2017, Adelphi officially opened The Friary, the last major building project planned for the one-hectare site (land which is wholly owned by the Group). The Friary follows a trend for Adelphi, where all building names are linked to the history of the business or the family. In this instance The Friary takes its name from Chairman Stephen Holroyd’s family connection to a group of breweries established in the 19th century.

    2018

    Coldstream Engineering change name to Pharma Hygiene Products Ltd & Adelphi Awarded ISO 9001:2015 certification

    On 1st August 2018, Coldstream Engineering purchased Pharma Hygiene Products and changed their name to Pharma Hygiene Products Ltd, to better reflect the products they sell.

    On 10th September 2018, the Adelphi Group of Companies received certification from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) to recognise the standard of their quality management systems and procedures.

    Products

    More Info

    Services & Support

    More Info

    Resources

    More Info

    Contact Adelphi