Keep up to date with the latest news, insights and features from the Adelphi Group of Companies
Adelphi are hiring!
January 31, 2019
Adelphi are Hiring
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Electrical Fitter, to be based at our Haywards Heath site. The overall role responsibilities include the electrical fitting and testing of our range of filling and capping machines, as well as some basic mechanical machine assembly.
Apprenticeships are a cornerstone of vocational education and professional development, offering a structured and hands-on approach to learning. These programs blend on-the-job training with classroom instruction, allowing individuals to gain practical skills while earning a wage. UK apprenticeships cover a wide range of industries, from traditional trades to emerging sectors, providing diverse opportunities for individuals to kick-start their careers. The government has been instrumental in promoting apprenticeships, offering financial incentives to employers who engage in apprenticeship programs. Apprenticeships in the UK are available at various levels, allowing participants to progress from entry-level roles to higher qualifications, including degree apprenticeships. This approach not only addresses skills gaps in the workforce but also supports lifelong learning and contributes to the overall competitiveness of the UK’s labour market.
There are many benefits of apprenticeships for those looking to enter the workforce:
- Practical Skill Development: Apprenticeships provide hands-on training, allowing individuals to develop practical skills directly applicable to their chosen industry.
- Earn While You Learn: Apprentices receive a wage for their work, providing financial support and reducing the need for student loans or debt.
- Industry-Relevant Experience: Apprentices gain valuable real-world experience, making them more competitive in the job market upon completion of their program.
- Structured Learning: The structured nature of apprenticeships combines on-the-job training with classroom instruction, offering a well-rounded and comprehensive approach to education.
- Career Progression: Apprenticeships often provide a clear pathway for career progression, with opportunities to advance within the company or industry.
- Professional Networking: Apprenticeships allow individuals to build a professional network early in their careers, connecting with experienced professionals and potential future employers.
- Employability Skills: In addition to technical skills, apprenticeships emphasize soft skills such as communication, teamwork, and problem-solving, enhancing overall employability.
- Industry Recognition: Completing an apprenticeship demonstrates commitment and competence to potential employers, making individuals stand out in the competitive job market.
- Reduced Unemployment Risk: Apprenticeships increase the chances of securing a job after completion, as individuals have both experience and qualifications in their chosen field.
- Potential for Higher Education: Some apprenticeships offer pathways to higher education, allowing individuals to continue their studies while gaining practical experience.
Adelphi are Hiring: If this role is of interest, please don’t hesitate to contact Adelphi on 01444 472300 or email email@example.com, and speak to Nicola Jones.