Keep up to date with the latest news, insights and features from the Adelphi Group of Companies
How to Improve Drum & IBC Decanting Speeds
August 11, 2021
The Adelphi Masterfil Drum Decanting Unit – for the Chemicals & Lubricants Industries
Time-Efficient, High Throughput
- Fast decanting, using high viscosity variable speed progressive cavity pumps.
- 4” I/D hose option between nozzle and pump, to optimise pump performance.
- Decanting pump speed feedback loop, to maximise product flow rate.
- Suitable for decanting high viscosity additives, typically up to 23,000 cst.
- Can be configured to decant from either single drums and/or IBC’s.
Maximise Additive Retrieval, for Greater ROI
- Drum tilting station and spray cleaning rinse cycle, to optimise additive recovery.
- Pipework can be air purged, to minimise expensive additive loss.
- Nozzle wiper and flying drip tray, to improve the amount of retrieval.
- Manifold inlet option to decant from multiple additives sources.
Intuitive Operation & Improved Operator Safety
- Accurate vertical decant/rinse lance movement by SERVO drive.
- Unique lance design, to effectively decant and rinse sequentially.
- Nozzle tracking to prevent the nozzle from being immersed too deeply in the product.
- PLC with HMI on swivel arm for ease of operation.
- Rinse kettle weight monitoring option, to improve functionality.
- Mounted on a skid for easy transport and installation.
- Infeed and outfeed can be automated with a roller conveyor, driven for efficiency and using gravity to save energy.
Superior Build Quality for Complete Regulatory Compliance
- 316L stainless steel wetted parts offer exceptional chemical resistance and compliance with regulatory specifications.
- Compliant with either CE and/or new UKCA regulations.
- Many of our machines are still fully operational over 30 years after purchase!